30 December 2008

Some Minor Poems



A New Icebox




Now I can begin again –
bulk out my sweaters
trash this ‘perfect figure for a girl’
gain stamina in my arms and legs
with regular lengths
take lessons
break midnight curfew
even hold my drink.





What She Had Before Her




As she drifted
in and out of sleep she teased
a white door with her foot. The tide
came in from the left, which
was ridiculous. This white door
that couldn’t have been so close, would
have stood smack in the middle
of thin air, of the room, should
it exist.





A House He's Building




letting everybody know he's getting better.
On his web-cam I imagine
I see a chair swivel,
burden lift. My plan
to bring the children to France
is agreed by the school.
My 10-year old cousin tells me the helicopter
he steers by remote control flies
better outside, because the air is cold.





Custom-made




They fitted the bike to him properly:
saddle-height, perfect cables,
cam-shafts, drop.

Set his bike up
so if he does hill-work
he knows full well it will help him.

He won’t struggle to get out the saddle.
He is rolling
to get going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home