07 January 2010

Poems by my two Bradford-on-Avon students


Nature's Theatre


slip in socks
pushed against the door
a bruised cocyx

at a concert I gave out bells
mirroring, shadowing
a boy

slipped twice
as I sang solo
braved forest fire Croatia

by Abby



Dog Walk with Friends


Semington. Georgia and James.
Wind whispering cold.
ice shaped like a heart.

Stone shattered on ice.
Crack. We walked it.
Carved our names.

Jumping across hay bales.
I scrunched my hands in my pockets.
Our names fixed in the ice.

by Sophie


Thin Ice


It isn't cold.
When you fall over
you bring your hands in.

Brain feeling tired
not thighs.
You don't know
these people:
wearing normal clothes
being normal
talking normal.
You don't want to talk
to these people.

Orange cones.
Lady on the floor -
still
she lies.

People no longer circling.

Stop.

Take the lady off the rink.

by Sophie


Blocking


It has a rhythm -
like rolling up your swimming costume

I came late so I couldn't choose
and was cast as a woodsman and squirrel

by Sophie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home