16 October 2007

Dream


D. rips board in two. Attacks Mike.
Jon: It's a shame. The first thing we always do is play that game, (shades of Sarah).
Upstairs I pack all my things. Amanda is there. I put a blade beside me.
Text message.

Dream II

Rosy visits. In the field, I put my arm around her waist as Carrie, her face cast in unhappy waking, walks through the garden and up the field. Rosy is telling me how she almost said she didn't want to break up.

Did something break?

At top of field, holding both their hands, an osprey (?) appears before us; then a strange boar's nose / tubefish climb over me. It snaffles my face. 'That is rare,' Rosy says of the second.

The Fall's anniversary. Small club, low stage. They have made the effort. Mark even straps on a bass and plays as he sings.
Post on table - all non-personal, CD singles out of boxes. No handwritten card. A voice says 'No one's even come,' loudly. Mark Riley? MES is backstage.
I gather the CDs and hand them to a guy I initially think is in the band, later realise is from the fan club. 'Ask these guys for my number,' I tell him. 'This guy?' he asks a soundman / venue worker. He shakes his head. 'I mean the band,' I say.

My dad is on a slope, below a tower. He appraises the Rosy / Suki situation thus: You have to treat them with respect. He dismisses the fact that they both held my hands at the same time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home