30 March 2007

Dream *

Cab driver casts head to look at mirror - 'Steve! Steve!' 'Get back in the bus. I watch as we reverse towards hill. Imagine leaping.

We passed a student at halls of residence, linked arms with woman. 'Can someone move the vehicle?' he asked, as if his linked arm privileged him. Inside empty van, his girlfriend leant her front against desk. Others prepared to travel that way as if in a rec room.

In pool. Lots of people enter, too crowded. One girl I like. I leave, with sister (?). Change. Exit via poolside. I thank the woman working there, 'Thanks so much,' I say. She seems baffled, as if a bookshop owner. Slip past her out door to street.


* Dream based on radio report calling UK's house market typical of a system where house costs outstrip ability to pay, so house prices soar - 'The Price of Property.'


going out, going steady

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home