09 October 2006

Dream

People jump off a tree, out and into the water. Lights flash onto the slick marble walkway beneath. People are coming to get music from us. I jump into the water; make it back to my room. It is communal. An old ochre-painted bike leans against the desk. I put the CDs on the counter and match them with their covers. I am missing a Django Reinhardt cassette.

A guy, storming, says ā€˜Iā€™m taking command.ā€™
A woman requires a full-length black dress.

--

I can hear the wind, the bell chimes blend like the revolutions of a teaspoon.

Two weeks ago I woke to the taste of Autumn in the air, the smell of the soil, brick and slate breathing out as the temperature returned above zero. I welcomed Autumn for the first time ā€“ my needles were not so sensitive that I immediately feared Winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home