09 April 2006

Fri - Saw off Spanish students. Giselle kissed me on both cheeks as I sat like an old man. Good feedback I earned - 17 students in one class.

IELTS class 'we all think you're better than the other teacher'.
Solsbury Hill to Spanish students on Wednesday. 'What do you think?' 'I don't like it' - Cristina, whose pets were poisoned by her neighbour; she stabbed her tyres in retribution.

Drinks with Alex and Steve, who has got me onto Fall discussion group. Ten people voted for me, no one blackballed me. Good drink. Otter's Head. Steve stands his Embassy on the table when he sits down. Called Alex 'Steve' as he was buying me a drink. Kebab on way home.

Sat - Woke up, throat throbbed. Weekend recuperating, sweating into dressing gown, scarf indoors. Fistful of Dollars with Carrie.

Glad to have finished Bukowski 'Women' - worth it for a few moments of perception
Drinking is like fucking and writing. Occasionally it's good to rest the Godhead.
and a few moments of everyday grace.

James Frey 'A million little pieces' - I go back to the Unit and I sit and I watch TV. There is a sitcom about some witty New Yorkers who spend all of their time in one Apartment. One of the men praises the show and he talks about how real it is. The only people I know who spend so much time in one Apartment usually have black plastic taped over the windows and guns in the closet and burn marks on their lips and fingers and huge locks on the doors.

Simon Armitage poem on Radio 2: My brain is the size of a basketball, you should hear me out. Dolphins, those gypsy pickpockets laughing all the way to Atlantis. People who bought books about me also bought books about ... This stuff just tumbles out.

Mon - birthday. Lovely meal, work out of way, at Pizzeria Amici - antipasta spread of meats, Goats cheese and pine nuts pizza, Italian white wine, home to wrapped presents. Luke Haines, Sergio Leone, Van Morrison, Italian dictionary. Wonderful evening.

Tue - Jon called from Australia. He has the plan. Good to hear from him.


Rej - Smiths Knoll, Seam
Post sent - Suki birthday gift back + CD, Milly CD

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home